[mapserver-users] Extracting one polygon from a file

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Fri Aug 9 17:56:33 EDT 2002

in your layer definition

CLASSITEM 'STATE_NAME'
CLASS
  #Show Michigan as RED
  EXPRESSION 'michigan'
  COLOR 255 0 0
  OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
END
CLASS
  #Optionally, show everthing else as white
  EXPRESSION /./
  COLOR 255 255 255
  OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
END

You could certainly add labels if you want, but that has nothing to do with
which state draws.