[mapserver-users] malformed PNGs

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Tue Aug 13 18:01:22 EDT 2002

Lowell,

Thanks for you guidance. Re my original problem... for some strange reason
now I can get PNGs made correctly. Obviously something has changed but I
have no idea what. To answer another post by Alex Rice, when I opened the
malformed PNGs in a text editor I saw a bunch of gobbledegook but no error
messages... I also saw some reference to gd-jpeg, but I don't remember the
exact words. Anyway, I am able to make PNGs fine now.

Wrt the log file, I still can't get the log file to be written out. Yes, the
directory has write permission for everybody, which includes user apache. As
I said, I have added the following at the top of my perl script

$ENV{MS_ERRORFILE} = "/var/www/html/bims/tmp/mapserver.log";

but, no success. Would be nice to keep this log,

Thanks,

pk/