[mapserver-users] Interesting Implementation of Mapserver

Drew drew at Zhrodague.net
Tue Aug 13 18:35:40 EDT 2002

> Here's the text of a message from the Politech mailing list, a list devoted
> to electronic privacy, technology news.
> The implementation of MapServer is fairly standard, so far as I can discern,
> but unique because of its content. Perhaps the most interesting compontent
> of the setup is that the content is user-generated. This seems to deviate
> (slightly) from the general MapServer paradigm, where content generation is
> fixed by a supervising party.
>
> I'm curious what other users have had success with user-generated content,
> and what pitfalls have been encountered.
>
> The URL:
> http://mapserver.zhrodague.net/
>
> Caveat lector: there's some profanity, not egregious mind you, but it might
> not be workplace safe.

	Cool! Actually, because of the politech article, our machine is
under some extreme load. We've tightened some of the datasets down, and
got an amazing visualization technique in our parsing of the raw
netstumbler data, that will be available as soon as it's done crunching.

	You can see the signals spilling out into the streets.

	Anyone interested, help is greatly appreciated, we've got quite a
beefy box (and a fast raid). Please email me to drew at zhrodague.net.

drew at zhrodague.net