[mapserver-users] PNG files in Netscape

Yu-Hsin Chen ychen at yorktel.com
Tue Aug 13 22:26:21 EDT 2002

Check your Edit->Preferences->Navigator->Applications, scroll down in the description window you should have an entry of 'PNG Image File' which says handled by plugin.  I have 4.77 and I actually don't remember loading the plugin myself.  Anyway if you still have the problem try this link on the libpng home site: http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngapbr.html#nn.  Or, install Netscape Communicator 7.0 PreRelease 1.  Starting Communicator 6 Netscape has PNG native support but 6.x kind of running slow.  I'm running 7.0PR1 on another machine and like it.

Yu-Hsin Chen