[mapserver-users] mapserver.log (was Re: malformed PNGs)

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Wed Aug 14 00:23:55 EDT 2002

slowly slowly we progress...

I am finally able to get mapserver.log to generate. I added the $ENV
line immediately after the shebang line, and chown-ed the tmp directory
to nobody. Works!

ok. so I am now watching the log file with

	tail -f ...

and I see the following...

	Tue Aug 13 23:10:51 2002 - msSearchDiskTree(): Unable to access file.
	Tue Aug 13 23:10:51 2002 - msSearchDiskTree(): Unable to access file.
	Tue Aug 13 23:11:46 2002 - msSearchDiskTree(): Unable to access file.
	Tue Aug 13 23:11:46 2002 - msSearchDiskTree(): Unable to access file.

the problem is, I can't figure out what is causing the above error. My
map file is fairly complicated, and as far as I can see, everything is
being drawn the way I want it. So, what is it that is inaccessible? Is
there a way the log can append (or prefix) the line number in the source
that caused the error? Is there a way to determine where it is failing?

Tia as always.

pk/