[mapserver-users] Mapscript and Perl CGI::MiniSvr module

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Aug 14 12:35:56 EDT 2002

Have you tried re-SWIGing MapScript with the latest version of SWIG? The version of MapScript in the distributions was built
with SWIG 1.1. More recently the SWIG team has released 1.3.x which is very different from the old stuff and may produce
modules that play nicely with others. I've used 1.3.12 successfully with very minimal mods to my scripts. For example when
creating a MapScript object you need to do $map = new mapscript::mapObj() instead of $map = new mapObj(). It might
be worth trying before bailing on perl...

To re-SWIG, install new SWIG, cd mapscript/perl directory and do a 'swig -perl5 -shadow mapscript.i'. That will build new
wrapper and perl module files. Then build as usual.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

On Friday, August 9, 2002, at 06:44  AM, Lowell Filak wrote:

> Sounds like it would be handy. Will you be able to post your
> results/configuration to the list/wiki when you have it done?
> Lowell F.

An update, I have run into a dead-end with Perl mapscript-- I
cannot access PostreSQL from the DBI or Pg perl modules when the
Mapscript perl module is in use. Some weird OS X symbol collision
problem.

I am stumped on it and I am switching over to PHP mapscript, or
if that doesn't work, Python mapscript.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alex_rice at arc.to
alrice at swcp.com