[mapserver-users] PHP mapscript as Apache module: clarification?

Alex Rice alex_rice at arc.to
Thu Aug 15 15:32:54 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, August 14, 2002, at 01:51  PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> PHP MapScript 3.6 _must_ be installed as a CGI on all platforms.
>
> So the PHP MapScript Installation docs should be updated if it contains
> contradictory information.  Unfortunately I don't think this HOWTO has
> been updated since version 3.5

OK, thanks for clarifying...

Can you say where/what the thread safety issues are in Mapscript+
libmap? I have been experimenting a bit compiling PHP Mapscript
using Swig 1.3 directly from mapscript.i. If I could get
mapscript running in a PHP apache DSO I would be very happy.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alex_rice at arc.to
alrice at swcp.com