[mapserver-users] Problem with specifying data parameter for postgis layer

N A booklong at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 17 19:18:00 EDT 2002

Dear all,
Could someone please let me know if sub queries are allowed in specifying
the data parameter for a postgis layer.

when I specify the data parameter as:
LAYER
.
DATA "the_geom from places"
.
END

it works
on the otherhand, I would like to be able to manipulate the query a bit more
so I try to use:

LAYER
.
DATA "the_geom from (select the_geom,featuretype,featurename from places) as
foo"
.
END

this fails.
I went back and browsed thru the mappostgis.c source code and I found the
following:
Must contain 'geometry_column from table_name' or 'geom from (subselect) as
foo'

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks