[mapserver-users] idea for mapscript tutorial

Alex Rice alex_rice at arc.to
Tue Aug 20 17:41:31 EDT 2002

I have a lot to learn before I could write something like this,
but I've been reading mapserv.c to get ideas for using mapscript,
and it occurred to me is this: A great mapscript tutorial would
be to implement mapserv.c in mapscript.  Not all of it, but at
least the core functionality for working with map and template
files, panning and zooming.  Does such a script exist?

Most of the mapscript examples I've seen are either web apps of
very limited function, or they are kind of on-off utility scripts
for doing this or that. What I'm interested in doing is using
mapscript only for what I can't get mapserver to do, hence my
initial interest in the processTemplate function).

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alex_rice at arc.to
alrice at swcp.com