[mapserver-users] New version of Rosa

Alexander Pucher pucher at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at
Wed Aug 21 04:29:29 EDT 2002

Really nice ... at least on Mozilla ;-)

IE ver. 6.0 does not show the applet images like zoom-in, zoom-out etc
with the rosa_png.jar.

I have gif2png'ed all images, changed the php3 and phtml files (of the
GMAP demo - as a test) to use the png images, but still it only works on
Mozilla/Netscape 6.1.

Any ideas?

regards
alex

Yewondwossen Assefa wrote:

>Hi There,
>
> There is a new version (1.2.0)  of rosa available at the download site
>: http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/webtools/rosa/index.html.
>
> This version contains mainly bug corrections and few functionnalities.
>Here is the change log between this version and the previous one :
>
> Version 1.2.0 (Aug 19, 2002):
>-----------------------------
>
>- Correct bug related to threads in the tooltip class.
>
>- Fixed minor problem with Unix Makefile: not all .class were included
>in .jar
>
>- Correct bug for IE5.5 and higher (applet not initialized properly).
>
>- Correct Bug with the mesuring tool.
>
>- Add PNG support using sixlegs png library (http://www.sixlegs.com/)
>
>- Ability to use the print command from the browser to print the applet.
>
>- If a button is active (clicked), if the user reclicks on it, It will
>stay
>  selected and not be unselected.
>
>- Add functions to set two applet parameters from javascript (the image
>and the pixel size)
>

> Best Regards,
>
>--
>Assefa Yewondwossen
>Software Analyst
>
>Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca
>http://www.dmsolutions.ca/
>
>Phone: (613) 565-5056 (ext 14)
>Fax:   (613) 565-0925

Institut fuer Geographie und Regionalforschung
Universitaet Wien
Kartografie und Geoinformation

Departement of Geography and Regional Research
University of Vienna
Cartography and GIS

Universitaetstr. 7, A-1010 Wien, AUSTRIA

Tel: (+43 1) 4277 48644
Fax: (+43 1) 4277 48649
E-mail: alexander.pucher at univie.ac.at

FTP: ftp://ftp.gis.univie.ac.at
WWW: http://www.gis.univie.ac.at/karto
Atlas of Eastern and Southeastern Europe: http://www.aos.ac.at

M$ is not the answer. M$ is the question!
No is the answer -- Eric Naggum