[mapserver-users] Raste Display

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Wed Aug 21 16:33:14 EDT 2002

Do you know the geographic extent or coordinates of the image?  Feel free
to email me your tiff and I can tell you if you don't know.   You will need
a line in the first section of your map file called EXTENT <x-coord>
<y-coord>  <x-coord> <y-coord>  or EXTENT <longitude> <latitude>
<longitude> <latitude> - where you substitute in the coordinates of the
lower left corner of the area and then the upper right corner.  That looks
to me why you are getting the error, because you don't define where about
in the world you want to look.

Tyler

                      "gabriel"
                      <gabriel at ciasc.gov.br>              To:       <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-mapserver-users at lists.        Fax to:
                      gis.umn.edu                         Subject:  [mapserver-users] Raste Display

                      08/21/2002 03:50 PM

I have some TIF images georeferenced at MapInfo software. I would like to
display them with Mapserver.

My MS version is:
mapserver at linux cgi-bin]$ ./mapserv -v
MapServer version 3.5 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

According  supported formats list at http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal ,  "
If no georeferencing information is available in the TIFF file itself, GDAL
will also check for, and use an ESRI world file with the extention .tfw,
.tiffw or .wld, as well as a MapInfo .tab file (only control points used,
Coordsys ignored)."

Mapserver would have to work with MapInfo file.

But It give-me this message: "msCalculateScale(): General error message.
Invalid image extent."

My .map file is:

#
# Start of map file
#
NAME RASTER_
STATUS ON
SIZE 400 300
UNITS METERS
SHAPEPATH "/home/mapserver/geoimagens"
#
# Projection definition, consult the PROJ.4 documentation for parameter
discussion
#
#PROJECTION
# "proj=utm"
# "ellps=GRS80"
# "zone=15"
# "north"
# "zone=22"
# "south"
# "no_defs"
#END

#
# Start of web interface definition
#
WEB
TEMPLATE raster.html
IMAGEPATH "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/ms_demo/tmp/"
IMAGEURL "/ms_demo/tmp/"
END

#
# Start of layer definitions