[mapserver-users] maps not displayed image is black

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Thu Aug 22 16:22:17 EDT 2002

1) Check the imagepath setting in your map file AND in your html template
file, they should match.  I don't think you need both, but I always do.
2) BUT you also need your imageurl setting to point to how the client's web
browser will find the image.

Between those two settings, you shuold get working.

Regarding permissions - are image files being created in your tmp folder?
If so, then I suspect that permissions are fine.

                      "David Armstrong"
                      <david.armstrong at ntlworld.co        To:       "mapserver list"
                      m>                                   <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-mapserver-users at lists.        Fax to:
                      gis.umn.edu                         Subject:  [mapserver-users] maps not displayed image
                                                           is black

                      08/22/2002 10:48 AM

i have had this problem before on windows , but just setting up on linux
first time round
i have the map images ok in the /tmp directory , but they are not displayed
, all i have is a black area where the map should be

i presume it could be a permissions problem
running the latest itasca demo on mapserver 3.6.2  with linux redhat 7.3

thanks
Richard Armstrong