[mapserver-users] Could not run Mapserver demo on Windows2000

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Fri Aug 23 11:33:48 EDT 2002

Did you set up a tmp (or some other name) directory to write the image files
to?
Did you give permissions to the web-server to write to that directory?
Did you give permissions to the cgi-bin directory for the webserver (read
and execute)?

chip

-----Original Message-----
From: Giri Palanisamy [mailto:palanisamyg at ornl.gov]
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 7:59 AM
To: mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
Subject: [mapserver-users] Could not run Mapserver demo on Windows2000

HI,

I am new to the mapserver, I have installed Mapserver on my Windows 2000
server, I have used the pre compiled mapserver
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/win32binaries.html). and I put the
mapserv.exe under "C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/cgi-bin" and i have also put all the
utilities exe files in to WINNT/System and WINNT/System32. Then I have
installed the mapserver demo under C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/

The I have properly changed all the three required files
(demo_init.html,demo.map, demo.html) as stated in
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/demo_readme.html

When I tried to call
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe

i am getting a page with the following message
"No query information to decode, QUERY_STRINGS not set"

when I tried to run the demo i am getting the first page with Initialize
button, when I click that button it is giving me the second page but with
out any image, i am getting black box instead of an image, I tired to
resize that, but it is not working too. I think It is not picking up the
image from itasca/grpahics/reference.gif

I would grately appreciate if you any one could help me running the demo.

Thanks a lot

Giri