[mapserver-users] SVG status?

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Aug 26 13:18:36 EDT 2002

Vinko Vrsalovic wrote:

>         I seem to recall that a while ago on this list was discussed the
>         inclusion of SVG as a Mapserver output format. Is that still on
>         the plans? Will that be available for 3.7?

Interest for SVG has been expressed multiple times in the past for sure
and I agree that it would be a nice to have, but I don't think I have
heard of anyone with formal plans to implement SVG support yet.

You may be referring to some exchanges from a few months ago in which I
wrote that with the work done for vector output in 3.7 it will be much
easier for someone to add SVG down the road.  Perhaps my message was
misinterpreted but I didn't mean to suggest that I was aware of formal
plans to add it.

BTW, if someone is already working on this then it would be good to let
the list know.
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca