[mapserver-users] Very large data sets and high volume?

Søren Dalby Larsen sdl at geovision.dk
Tue Aug 27 06:05:01 EDT 2002

Hi.

We're running a farm of servers producing customer-specific maps for the
Internet.
We plan a new version, and are considering MapServer for the job. My
questions are:

Is it capable of working with data for all of europe? (tiled in shape-files
of manegable size)
We're talking the most detailed data we can get our hands on (NavTech data
and others)

Also, how well does it perform? We're producing well over a million maps a
week from 4
servers today. Is it possible to achieve similar performance with MapServer?
It will all be
scripted maps, as our customers have different sizes/cartography/etc on
their maps.

Regards
Søren Dalby Larsen