[mapserver-users] How to change the line width

Zhang, William wzhang at c-cor.net
Wed Aug 28 18:45:31 EDT 2002

Hi,

I searched the archives and found the similar question has been asked and
answered several times. But I still can not get clear solution. Here is what
I try to do. In my shape file, there are highways, major streets and minor
streets. I like to show them in different line widths and colors. So I write
the map file
CLASSITEM "CFCC"
  CLASS
    NAME "Highways"
    EXPRESSION /A1[0-9]/
    SIZE 5
    COLOR 255 0 0
  END # end of class object

  CLASS
    NAME "MajorStreets"
    EXPRESSION /A[2-3][0-9]/
    SIZE 3
    COLOR 0 255 0
  END

  CLASS
    NAME "MinorStreets"
    EXPRESSION /A[4-7][0-9]/
    SIZE 1
    COLOR 0 0 255
  END

According to previous answers, SYMBOL 'circle' may need to be used here. But
I don't know how. Could somebody give me some help on this?

Thanks,

William Zhang

Software Engineer
C-Cor.net