[mapserver-users] GD compiling error.

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Thu Aug 29 04:47:08 EDT 2002

Hi,

i) libttf refers to the freetype library that is needed to use truetype
fonts in mapserver applications. I just compiled ms36x with gd184 and
freetype13. I couldn't manage to get it compiled with freetype212.

ii) see the mapserver-list archive:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/wilma/mapserver-users/0105/msg00196.html
I had the same problem. Also note that there is are patched version of
the gdlib184 with gif-support. you can find the link in the mapserver
compilation docs.

If you have further problems, i will happily share my experiences of the
last days...

Cheers, Michael

Krung Saengpole schrieb:

   Hi,I had trouble in compiling gd-1.8.4 package with Visual C++ 6.0
   on Windows95 platform.i) I didn't know what libTTF in makefile.nt
   referred to what package. ii) When I compiled this package, it
   showed as following:.../out:pngtogd.exe
   pngtogd.obj
   gd.lib
   libpng.lib
   zlib.lib
   gd.lib(gd.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
   _gdCalloc
   gd.lib(gd.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
   _gdMalloc
   gd.lib(gd_png.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
   _gdMalloc
   gd.lib(gd_io_file.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
   _gdMalloc
   gd.lib(gd_io_dp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
   _gdMalloc
   gd.lib(gd.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gdFree
   gd.lib(gd_png.obj) : error! LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
   _gdFree
   gd.lib(gd_io_file.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
   _gdFree
   gd.lib(gd_io_dp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
   _gdFree
   gd.lib(gd.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
   _gdRealloc
   gd.lib(gd_io_dp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
   _gdRealloc
   pngtogd.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals

   Any advices would be greatly appreciated.
   Krung

> Changed your e-mail? Keep your contacts! Use this free e-mail change
> of address service from Return Path. Register now!

Michael Schulz                                in medias res
Dipl.-Geologe                              Gesellschaft für
                                Informationstechnologie mbH
                             Sautierstr. 38, 79104 Freiburg
                                     0761 55695-95 (Fax 96)
mschulz at webgis.de                             www.webgis.de