[mapserver-users] selecting adjacent polygons

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Thu Aug 29 09:23:32 EDT 2002

The closest we get right now is to use the least bounding rectangle for the selected polygon & then use the rectangle to overlay and select other polygons. It is not exact and is a pain when dealing with long diagonal polygons. Perhaps there is a way to use the $layer->queryByShape() method to do this... The trick would be to somehow force the shape being used for the query to "grow" by a foot so when the overlay was done it would indeed overlap neighboring shapes. As far as forcing it to grow, I'm not sure. Possibly the $shape->project() method could be used to do this???
This may not help but it will hopefully spark discussion.
Lowell F.

The following message was sent by "Andrea Giacomelli" <andrea.giacomelli at fst.it> on Tue, 27 Aug 2002 14:39:44 +0200.