[mapserver-users] MapServer: Add Points on the fly

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Fri Aug 30 09:11:43 EDT 2002

Using Mapscript you can record a mouse click on the map image (same as with a zoom operation) and use the coordinates of the mouse click to create a point shape and additionally add data to a dbf file for the shape. The tcounts.pl example in the wiki has example code that creates both point shapes and adds them to a shapefile and also adds dbf records for each point.
HTH
Lowell F.

The following message was sent by "Pradeep" <pradeepkumar at infotech.stph.net> on Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:05:04 +0530.