[mapserver-users] Change scalebar background color using php/mapscript

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Aug 30 11:24:47 EDT 2002

"Van Ulden, Joost" wrote:

> Thanks, it works for the background color but for some reason it doesn't
> work for the image color.  We get the following error:
>
> Property 'IMAGECOLOR' does not exist in this object

If you look carefully at the mapscript docs you'll notice that
'imagecolor' is of type colorObj instead of type integer.  This makes
things a bit confusing, but it's related to the way things work
internally in MapServer (parsing of the mapfile, etc.)... almost
everywhere in the mapscript colors are stored as a color index, the
imagecolor property is one of the very few exceptions that are stored as
a colorObj (R, G, B values).

So to set it you can use:

 $map->scalebar->imagecolor->setRGB( 255, 255, 255 );

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca