[mapserver-users] Java - Mapserver

Martin, Daniel DMartin at erac.com
Fri Aug 30 11:26:10 EDT 2002

> I have really enjoyed using the PHP/MapScript interface to
> MapServer, but I'm forecasting that the MapServer project could
> attract a whole lot more development effort if it had, at the
> least, a stable Java interface.

I couldn't agree with you more.  My company transitioned to a pure Java and
JSP framework recently.  One of the biggest hurdles I've run into obtaining
management support for MapServer has been its standout from our norm.

IMHO, MapServer is better in every way than MapXtreme.  But to a manager
whose employees all have Java skill sets, MapXtreme still looks attractive,
despite the price tag.

I look forward to seeing what you accomplish.

-Dan