[mapserver-users] map scale questions

gabriel gabriel at ciasc.gov.br
Fri Aug 30 17:13:50 EDT 2002

Dear Listers.

I have some images on JPG - Bitmaps JPEG format:

width 500 pixels, height 400 pixels, dpi X: 72, dpi Y: 72, compataction:
JPEG, type: RGB 24 bits.

My Ms is:

[mapserver at linux cgi-bin]$ ./mapserv361 -v
MapServer version 3.6.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORT
S=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAP
EFILE

What is the best format (full information) to display the images on MS ?

I have Corel Photo-Paint or Photoshop to convert the format ?

I'd like to display them with full color.