Re: [mapserver-users] forum français

Azimuth, Erwin Perik perik at azimuth.nl
Tue Feb 5 07:58:14 EST 2002

Bonjour Jef,

"pourquoi un forum en francais et ne pas english?"

As brought up by Puneet at the end of last year, a forum would be a good
alternative for information and questions regarding Mapserver and
everything related.

phpBB is a very good start as an alternative for the mailinglist.
Discussions online tend to result in more interesting replies and remarks
then from mailing-lists.

As i remember correct, users can set their language for phpBB to what they
choose. The question and answers however should be done in english. As
mapserver, mascript, mapfiles etc... are also english it's good to keep it
all the same. Also for learning english it's a good start ;-)

If you switch to english, you can count me in as an extra member ;-)

Erwin

** PS. is there an english-forum regarding mapserver ?