[mapserver-users] 3.5: how to handle empty DATA layers which were accepted in 3.4

Andrea Giacomelli andreag at crs4.it
Wed Feb 6 04:02:01 EST 2002

Hi,

With 3.4 one of the approaches to draw points dynamically from a
database
was to have in the map file an layer without a DATA definition, which
was then populated with calls to $point->draw().

Apparently layers read by 3.5 MUST have a DATA property assigned.

The issue arises as I am using point data stored in an MS Access file.

Can a layer be appropriately defined in 3.5 in order achieve the same
result with the same logic ?

I know that 3.5 allows much more connectivity towards databases, but for
this specific application (which is in fact a demo) I would like to
avoid porting also the data.

Regards,