[mapserver-users] DBF Queries

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Sat Feb 9 01:00:32 EST 2002

It's also worth considering using cron to run a script to dump from the
main datasource (Oracle, flat file or whatever) to a shapefile. Perhaps
it's not as slick, but it's likely better for performance and may allow
you to use the CGI version of the MapServer- less code to write (beyond
the converter).

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> "Searle Ross" <Ross.Searle at nrm.qld.gov.au> 02/07/02 19:30 PM >>>
Francisco,

One simple solution to your problem is is to store your point data in a
postgres database and use postgis to display your dynamic info. We have
got an application that does this and it works fine.

Ross