[mapserver-users] hardware mapserver specification (FWD)

Vinko Vrsalovic v at w.cl
Sat Feb 9 06:31:27 EST 2002

> Hi,
>     We are interesting to MapServer application developers. We
> want to build server with php language on linux redhat 6.2.

Hi, why 6.2?

> - How are your hardware mapserver specification now? (CPU, RAM,
> HARDDISK, MOTHERBOARD)

For a prototype that involved using Mapscript to display complex polygon
layers, and dynamic generation of new layers with data stored in
a database and queries on the shapefiles it ended up taking an average
response time of 2 seconds on a P4 1.5, 1GB RAM and SCSI (don't know
SCSI what that is, sorry) disks.

On the other side, a basic application, that only displays static layers
and queries on them, on a P2 350 with 128MB RAM and IDE disks, it took
up an average response time of app. 1 second.

--
V. <v at w.cl>