[mapserver-users] MapServer Release Schedule

Frank Koormann frank.koormann at intevation.de
Tue Feb 12 10:33:42 EST 2002

Dear all,

aside all the discussions about new forums I want to raise another
point: MapServer release schedule and code stabilisation.

With the release of version 3.5 a monthly schedule was announced to
provide packages with ongoing bugfixes. As of today the 3.5 tarball
is still from 18th December 2001. The nighly builds and the CVS content
differ significantly from this version. Many files have been undergone
substantial changes and seem to implement new features. So they again
provide a development branch.

I know that coding new features is always more fun than merging bug
fixes into stable releases. Therefore I am asking for a commit list for
the CVS: Distributing "commit messages" from the CVS system would give
interested users the ability to follow the ongoing development of
mapserver and the chance to track bugfixes to insert them into running
systems.

I would be glad to read others opinions.

Kind regards,

        Frank Koormann

--
Frank Koormann                             <frank.koormann at intevation.de>