[mapserver-users] rotate symbols ??

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Feb 12 20:55:39 EST 2002

This is possible with TrueType smybols. For example, you can actually
use class labels and the text attribute for symbolization. Your text
value would likely refer to a single symbol in a font. You can pull the
angle then from an attribute using the labelangleitem parameter.

Please add a feature request to Bugzilla for general symbol rotation.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com> 02/12/02 16:52 PM >>>
I would be interested in this features also. The best I have been able
to come up with so far is to create 8 symbols based on
N,S,E,W,NE,NW,SE,SW and then slot the direction into the closed fit.

It would be nice to have a symbol and be able to specify a direction to
rotate it to.

-Steve