[mapserver-users] color. jpegs not showin up

Pushkar Pradhan pushkar at ERC.MsState.Edu
Wed Feb 13 12:07:10 EST 2002

I am using gdal 1.1.5 to display 24, 8 bit TIFFs. As suggested by Frank
Warmerdam I got my TIFFs to display after I compiled gdal after
configuring it with internal tiff and geotiff libraries.
However I still get an error when I try to display colored jpegs:
drawJPEG(): Image handling error. JPEG support is not available.
These are my configs:
Banshee[20] pushkar$ mapserv -v
MapServer version 3.5 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=TTF INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
Banshee[99] pushkar$ gdal-config --formats
gxf gtiff hfa aigrid aaigrid ceos ceos2 iso8211 sdts raw dted mem jdem
envisat elas fit gif jpeg png
I have disabled jpeg support in mapserv, and my gdal is configured
to handle it. Still doesn't work?
If anyone has experience with this please help. Thanks,

PUSHKAR S. PRADHAN
Research Assistant
MISSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY,
STARKVILLE, MS 39759.