[mapserver-users] color. jpegs not showin up

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Feb 13 14:16:01 EST 2002

Pushkar Pradhan wrote:
> I am using gdal 1.1.5 to display 24, 8 bit TIFFs. As suggested by Frank
> Warmerdam I got my TIFFs to display after I compiled gdal after
> configuring it with internal tiff and geotiff libraries.
> However I still get an error when I try to display colored jpegs:
> drawJPEG(): Image handling error. JPEG support is not available.
> These are my configs:
> Banshee[20] pushkar$ mapserv -v
> MapServer version 3.5 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=TTF INPUT=EPPL7
> INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
> Banshee[99] pushkar$ gdal-config --formats
> gxf gtiff hfa aigrid aaigrid ceos ceos2 iso8211 sdts raw dted mem jdem
> envisat elas fit gif jpeg png
> I have disabled jpeg support in mapserv, and my gdal is configured
> to handle it. Still doesn't work?
> If anyone has experience with this please help. Thanks,
Pushkar,

The problem is that the internal MapServer drawRaster() code recognises
this as a JPEG and calls drawJPEG() on it which reports that JPEG support
is not available.  I used to have the same problem with TIFF, but I modified
mapraster.c to avoid trying drawTIFF() if tiff was not configured and gdal was.
I have just committed a similar change for JPEG.

Please get the latest mapraster.c from CVS and rebuild.  It shouldn't be
necessary to reconfigure.  If you don't have ready access to CVS let me know
and I will email it directly to you.

Sorry for the confusion ... I forgot about this "issue".

Best regards,