[mapserver-users] byacc error on make from CVS

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Tue Feb 19 11:00:14 EST 2002

Hi Frank, thanks for your suggestion.  I had found some other direction and
was successful.
FYI
In my Makefile, I modified the line defining YACC and set it to bison
instead of byacc.  It now works fine.

                    Frank Koormann
                    <frank.koormann at intevation.de       To:     Tyler Mitchell <TMitchell at lignum.com>
                    >                                   cc:     mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
                    Sent by:                            Fax to:
                    owner-mapserver-users at lists.g       Subject:     Re: [mapserver-users] byacc error on make from CVS
                    is.umn.edu

                    02/19/2002 02:38 AM

Tyler,

* Tyler Mitchell (TMitchell at lignum.com) [020219 02:17]:
> I'm trying to build mapserver from CVS and I get this error when I run
> make:
>
> >byacc -p msyy -d -omapparser.c mapparser.y
> >usage: byacc [-dlrtv] [-b file_prefix] [-p symbol_prefix] filename
>
> Can anyone comment on this for me - do I need to provide more
information?

looks as if your byacc does not support to "-o" option to specify an
output file. AFAIR mapserver build process is relatively strict bound to
the GNU version of yacc, bison.

A try would be to indentify the line in the generated makefile and
edit it to something like
byacc -p msyy -d mapparser.y > mapparser.c

Regards,

        Frank

--
Frank Koormann                             <frank.koormann at intevation.de>