[mapserver-users] onMouseOver features highlighting

Nicola Valdambrini valdambrini at pisa.intecs.it
Wed Feb 20 10:47:03 EST 2002

Hi, I'm using the MapServer and I wish to build some advanced graphical
interface functionalities. I'm interested on highlighting my maps features
(e.g. rivers, communes, lakes, etc.) with a special color when the user
passes over them with the mouse pointer. I would like to display some
information tips too. Sometimes it would be interesting to me to highlight
more than one feature (for example all the communes that are crossed by the
river the user is pointing).
Can someone help me?
Conceiving the information tips that appear on different features, I thought
about building image AREAs and using the ALT HTML keyword. Obviously the
problem is: how can I get the features outlines coordinates from the
MapServer?

thank you

Nicola