[mapserver-users] php/mapscript problem

Carsten Vogt vogt at Hamburg.BAW.DE
Mon Feb 25 03:43:05 EST 2002

Hi,

At 24.02.2002 22:47 -0600, Pushkar Pradhan wrote:
>Daniel,
>Thanks for your suggestion, I used the CFLAGS defn. below that you
>suggested and still use make. I got rid of the earlier error but now I get
>the foll. error:

>I am using SUN Solaris.

>cc: Warning: option -0 passed to ld
>cc: Warning: option -2 passed to ld
>cc: illegal option -Wall
>*** Error code 1
>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `php_mapscript_util.o'
>Current working directory
>/rstc/user1/erc/pushkar/mapserver_3.5/mapscript/php3
>*** Error code 1
>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `php3_mapscript'

it seems to me that you are using the Sun C-Compiler. I observed an
irregular behaviour trying to compile OSS. Maybe you should look for gcc
and, if it exists (otherwise let your admin install gcc),  change the
following:

#
# Pick a compiler, etc. Flex and bison are only required if you need to
modify the mapserver lexer (maplexer.l) or expression parser (mapparser.y).
#
CXX=    c++
CC=     gcc

This should be CC= gcc