[mapserver-users] reference map - points & polygons

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Feb 26 00:07:17 EST 2002

I do this on our recreation compass application by using a bit of
javascript to trigger reference map creation. You probably could avoid
the javascript entirely by using minscale/maxscale appropriately. The
important thing is that I don't use a reference map object at all,
rather a special mapfile for just the reference map. I'll pass along my
setup if interested. Let me check out the scale issue (removing
javascript) to simplify matters first though.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> Richard Greenwood <Rich at GreenwoodMap.com> 02/25/02 17:56 PM >>>
I think this question has gone around before, but I struck out in my
search
of the archive, so here goes - How can you switch between having the
reference map show points instead of polygons? With a reference map that

shows a large area, the rectangle can pretty well disappear when the
user
zooms in a lot.

Thanks,
Rich