[mapserver-users] Problem with Demo

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Feb 27 13:52:43 EST 2002

If I get a chance tonite I'll dump a new version of the demo out of CVS
(which
has the pdf files included).

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Robert W. Burgholzer" <rburghol at vt.edu> 02/27/02 08:29AM >>>
>This probably relates to the new version not having support for gif
files.

I have dealt with this by converting some of the demo images and setup
files
to png format. The following URL contains a tar file which if unpacked
in the
map server demo directory will overwrite demo.map (so save a copy if
you have
made substantive changes) and place the new graphic files in the
appropriate
sub-directories. It is meant to funciton as a patch to the unmodified
itasca
demo.

http://128.173.218.154/gis/utilities/nogif.tar.gz

good luck,