[mapserver-users] Tigerline

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Feb 27 20:56:10 EST 2002

Ashley,

Structure your data like this:

/mapdata/tiger2k/{SS}/{SS}{CCC}/{files}

where {SS} is the state fips code
      {CCC} is the fips county code
      {files} are all the files for that state+county

I would also put boundary files that are larger than a county and other
datasets that cover the whole US in something like:

/mapdata/us
/mapdata/canada
/mapdata/mexico
/mapdata/oceans
etc

then create a tileindex for all the files under tiger2k and create
shptree indexes for the tileindex and the files in the other
directories. That should get you up and running!

You can see my version running with only the eastern half the US loaded
at http://swoodbridge.com/web2/nmap it is using 9 GIGS

-Steve W.