[mapserver-users] problem with demo

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Wed Jan 2 13:21:55 EST 2002

> MapServer DOES do GIFs if you nab the patched version of GD
> 1.8.4 from the folks in
> Australia. - Steve

which, I think is legal only in Australia. :-). Here Stateside (and perhaps
elsewhere too), gd with Gif support is illegal per Unisys, not that I'm
tellin' em... buggers! They couldn't make money selling crappy computers so
they reckon nickel-n-diming web users would fatten their bottomline. They
should fire that guy with the computer monitor on his head.

Thanks,

pk/