[mapserver-users] Help: MS 3.5 PHP3 MapScript Install

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jan 4 14:25:11 EST 2002

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

>Additional info:  THe apache error_log has:
>
>httpd: error in loading shared libraries:
>/usr/lib/apache/php_mapscript.so: undefined symbol:
>_register_list_destructors
>
>in it. So this looks like the problem, but How do I fix it?

This happens if your  php executable (if you compiled PHP as a CGI) or
your httpd binary (if PHP is compiled statically into Apache) was not
linked to support loading shared libraries.  It has to be relinked using
the "-rdynamic" option (on Linux) which will allow loading of shared
libraries.

See also:
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/php_mapscript/php_mapscript_faq.html#4.3

Daniel