[mapserver-users] truetype weirdness

thorsten fischer thfischer at mapmedia.de
Mon Jan 7 08:20:35 EST 2002

> Did you recompile your own GD on a system that already came with GD
> preloaded in the system libs by any chance?

I did indeed recompile gd, as well as everything else. But as gd comes
only as a static library in its Makefile configuration by default, it
should not care about any system libs at that point. Therefore invoking
'ldd' does not show any reference to libgd (it is part of the
executable).

> You might want to use 'ldd mapserv' to double-check that the right copy
> of gd and of the supporting freetype get picked.  That's the best I can
> think of... this really looks like a system configuration issue.

It looks for me that way too. But: it happens on clean out-of-the-box
installs of SuSE 7.3 too. No comments on pros and cons of that distro
please ;)

There is a patch to make gd compile as a shared library; i am trying to
apply it to my own patches i use (because of the broken paths that live
in the gd Makefile) and recompile; i will let you know what happens.

cheers,

thorsten

Thorsten Fischer        thfischer at mapmedia.de

MapMedia - Kartographie und raumbezogene Informationssysteme
Am Borsigturm 42
13507 Berlin
Deutschland
http://www.mapmedia.de tel: +49 (0)30 43032102