[mapserver-users] Help: Classification problems

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca
Mon Jan 7 10:17:43 EST 2002

Hello,

I've just come accross something incredibly weird.

I'm doing a gazetteer mapping tool to allow people to find out where a
canadian feature is.

the problem I'm having is that some features don't highlight the way they
should when I classify on them ... right now I'm just testing with polygons
that represent what we call census sub-divisions.

I have this tiny little one in Nova Scotia that doesn't get classified on it
seems! I then found that none in Nova Scotia did ... which was really weird.
So I tried highlighting a BIG polygon in Nova Scotia, but that worked fine
... So then I thought maybe it's because the polygon is so small, MapServer
doesn't bother or something, so to test that theory I found some other
polygons even smaller, and tested them, but they highlighted fine ... So it
seems like MapServer is not classifying on some smaller polygons in
NovaScotia for some reason :) One other thing I tried is turning all layers
off, but it still doesn't show .. it's just NOT doing it!

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Oh and no, there's no reprojection
going on ...

Help!

Thanks,

Jean-François Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca