[mapserver-users] polygon overlay

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jan 9 00:19:23 EST 2002

Hi Ben: Check out:

http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/aig/staff/alan/software/gpc.html

I used GPC as part of MapServer for awhile but re-wrote the clipping algorithm to use an algorithm better suited to drawing features (much faster). GPC is an analytical engine that is should give you what you want.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> "Ben Lewis" <benlewis1 at hotmail.com> 01/08/02 17:11 PM >>>
All -
Does anyone know of open source code out there for polygon overlay?  I would
like to do a union on two small shape files within a mapserver application.
Was thinking there would be something used ascii inputs and outputs.  There
appear to many code bits, especially in the computational geometry realm,
but I'm not seeing anything I can compile and use.

Ben Lewis
Advanced Technology Solutions, Inc.
Lancaster, PA