[mapserver-users] Making Mapserver Multithreaded

Scott Shealy sshealy at e811.com
Wed Jan 9 13:56:21 EST 2002

Frank can you also put a mutex on the parsing and evaluation  of the
EXPRESSION Objects msEvalExpression(....)  ....(I havn't had a chance to look
at the code yet)?

BTW I a slowly working on replacing the lexical anaylyzer and parser in
mapserver so that they are thread safe. and we want have to use mutex to
protect these critical sections of the code . Mutexes will cause scability(ie
can't take advantage of SMP) and intreactity problems... For me this is
particularly noticeable b/c in my maps I evaluate some really large
EXPRESSIONS....

S.