[mapserver-users] request help with projection

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Wed Jan 9 14:01:44 EST 2002

Dave -

You're getting there, but you need to specify the parameters for the
particular Lambert Conformal Conic projection used in that state plane
system.  If I'm reading things right, these are the projection specs:

Standard parallels - 28.3833333 and 30.2833333
Coordinate origin - 99.000 West, 27.8333333 North
False easting, northing - 600,000 and 4,000,000

which means your PROJECTION block should be:

PROJECTION
proj=lcc
datum=NAD27
lon_0=99
lat_0=27.8333333
lat_1=28.3833333
lat_2=30.2833333
x_0=600000
y_0=4000000
END

If someone more familiar with this SPC system could double-check that,
I'd appreciate it.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker