[mapserver-users] Rotating a map

Dave Howlett davehowlett at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 11 18:13:23 EST 2002

Yes using Proj can help you out there. It may depend on what type of projection you intend to use. I'm using a
Lambert Conformal Conic projection and can turn the map by changing what is specified as my central meridian.

This is my normal output projection for Canada:

PROJECTION
     "proj=lcc"
     "ellps=GRS80"
     "lat_0=49"
     "lon_0=-95"
     "lat_1=49"
     "lat_2=77"
END

If I change lon_0 to -5 then the image will be rotated by 90 degrees clockwise, and St. John's ends up becoming the
Miami of Canada.

Hope this helps!

Dave