[mapserver-users] Feature Info Query on 3.5

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jan 16 12:13:31 EST 2002

GML output is there for WMS although it has only been tested lightly. I hope to add it to the CGI version shortly. The only issue is how to trigger GML vs normal templated query output. I've added this to bugzilla so as not to loose it...

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Daniel Morissette <morissette at dmsolutions.ca> 01/10/02 10:18PM >>>
> Trem Stamp wrote:
>
> Can anyone tell me if mapserv 3.5 currently supports a feature query
> that can return xml, gml or html.  Last time I tried it just returned
> a text file with all attributes?  Are there currently any other
> INFO_FORMAT types for returning data.

I believe that Steve added GML featureInfo output shortly before the 3.5
release.

With respect to INFO_FORMAT=MIME, the 3.5 version always returns the
same text/plain output.  Query templates aren't supported yet but they
should be eventually (templates are simply ignored at the moment). That
should allow full control on featureInfo output, including control of
which attributes are returned, and even generating XML output if you
like (if you provide an XML template).

> Does anyone know if this capability is close to completion or buried
> under the many other enhancements I know are being worked hard upon?

I can't confirm when this will be available... it's on our very long
list of features to implement.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca