[mapserver-users] Proposal: "DEBUG true" for layers

Dave Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Wed Jan 16 12:39:37 EST 2002

I'm getting a several questions from people regarding why certain SQL
statements are not functioning as expected with the PostGIS connector.
I'm sure the folk doing the oraclespatial and SDE would appreciated this
as well.

I'd like to add code like:

if (layerinfo->debug)
{
	fprintf(stderr,"the sql statement was: %s\n", sql);
}

To do this:
1. Add another item to the layerObj structure
		char		debug;    //default = false.  true=print out debug info for this
layer
2. Add code to the parser to hand the "DEBUG true/false" option for
layers.  Default should be false.

I'd do it myself, but I dont want to mess with the parser.

Do folk think this is worth adding?

dave