[mapserver-users] Dynamic generated layer?

Twan Kogels twan at twansoft.com
Fri Jan 18 07:46:14 EST 2002

Hello all,

I have a postgis layer in my .map file, this postgis layers displays all
big towns of my country. I have set the "data" property of the postgis
layer to "the_geom from towns" and the "filter" property to "big=1", this
way it will display all big towns. No problem here.

But now i'm planning to implement a search function. So i wrote a php
script (mapscript) which sets the "data" en "filter" properties in the
code, pseudo code:

$layer->setFilter("name='$name'");
$layer->set("data", "the_geom from towns");

This will display all towns with names which matches "name='$name'". But
when i do this the orginal towns will disappear, i don't want that to happen.

Is it possible to have the orginal towns layer and on top of that a dynamic
generated layer of the search result?

Thanks!
-twan

--