[mapserver-users] Developing Skins for Mapserver Apps

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Sun Jan 20 19:32:02 EST 2002

Hi all,

I have been working on something like that. We have a couple of
Mapserver apps up, and already, trying to keep the content and
the supporting HTML is sync is a pain.

Currently, I have a PHP app that recurses through a .map file and
builds an interface based entirely on what it finds there. Here is
an example:

	for($n=0; $n < $map->{numlayers}; $n++) {			// Create gadgets while layers exist in $map
		$layer = $map->getlayer($n);
		$layer_name = $layer->{name};
		if($layer_select[$n]==1) {
			$checked="checked";
			$layer = $map->getlayer($n);
			$layer->set("status", 1);
		} else {
			$checked="";
		}
		echo("<input type=checkbox name=layer_select[$n] value=1 $checked>$layer_name<br>\n");
	}

This is a *bit* silly (to build the form on every transaction even if
the map file hasn't changed), but it would be easy to build in hooks
to cache all this work so it's only done when the map file changes.

Hopefully I'll put the whole thing up for FTP once it's completed, I am
currently doing Zoom & Pan, & was able to re-use Daniel's GMap code to
do the query function. Reusable code is good...  :o)

Cheers,

Antti