[mapserver-users] Poor Performance with Oracle Spatial / Turn Around

PARVILLERS hugues at parvillers.com
Sun Jan 20 20:28:49 EST 2002

Hello I discovered a poor performance on Oracle Spatial due to
following:

If you use simple way to get geometry for example "geometry from
table_name"
Then , thanks to Rodrigo, the cartridge will apply an SDO FILTER to
limit the selected raws on the window on screen.

But, it seems that Oracle uses by itself the all_sdo_geom_metadata view
which is not at all efficient view !

So to turn this around, you may define a synonym in your schema to make
"all_sdo_geom_metadata" equal to "mdsys.user_sdo_geom_metadata".

For my own I use 81725 with 2 spatial patches on W2K and it works very
much better now.

Hope it helps !

Regards
Hugues P.