[mapserver-users] problem with mapserver 3.5 demo. (FWD)

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Mon Jan 21 12:10:30 EST 2002

Oh how familiar :)  I was just combating the same problem last night.  If
you are using the standard/latest version GD it does not support GIF files.
If you convert all the GIF files referred to in your demo.map file -> to
PNG files, it will work fine.
I've attached versions the file that I converted.  Put the images into your
symbols folder and the reference.png into the graphics folder.  Then edit
demo.map to reflect the change from GIF -> PNG, by renaming each occurence
in the file.
Steven, can you put this into the demo package - it is a very common
problem.  (These may not be the best converted versions though :)Am I right
in assuming that GD does not and will not support GIF and we should all
move to PNG?

Tyler

(See attached file: ushwy.png)(See attached file: interstate.png)(See
attached file: reference.png)(See attached file: sthwy.png)(See attached
file: ctyhwy.png)

                    teb <teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu>
                    Sent by:                            To:     mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
                    owner-mapserver-users at lists.g       cc:     fgclaram at alu-ab.uclm.es
                    is.umn.edu                          Fax to:
                                                        Subject:     [mapserver-users] problem with mapserver 3.5 demo. (FWD)

                    01/21/2002 07:01 AM
                    Please respond to teb